The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines to support the patients’ rights and responsibilities in regards to healthcare, actions and decisions that may affect their well-being.
The company is committed to honoring the established patients’ rights and encouraging the expectations of patient responsibilities. Patient Rights and Responsibilities will be prominently posted in clear patient view near check in areas. In instances when a patient has a specific request to exercise a right, the Written Specific Request to Exercise My Patient Rights form must be utilized.
Respectful Care Without Discrimination
- Patients have the right to respectful and appropriate care given by competent personnel.
- Patients have the right to care without discrimination of age, race, physical or mental impairment, background, culture, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, personal values and beliefs.
Safety and Security
- Patients have the right to receive care in a safe dignified environment, free from abuse, harassment neglect, exploitation, avoidable harm and unnecessary restraints or seclusion unless medically necessary.
- Patients have the right to access protective and advocacy services.
- Patients have the right to know the identity of physicians, medical assistants, and others involved in their care, as well as when those involved are students or other trainees.
- Patients have the right to receive accurate, easily understood information to assist them in making informed decisions regarding health care, including the right to refuse treatment.
- Patients have the right to visual, written, or verbal methods or interpreters on an on-call basis where available.
- Patients have the right to fully participate in all decisions related to their health care.
- Patients who are unable to fully participate in treatment decisions have the right to have present or be represented by family members or other representative involved in care.
- Patient have the right to request that their family members, physician or other representative involved in care be notified of the treatment or transfer to another facility.
- Patients have the right to continuity of care and freedom of choice in referrals to providers or other facilities.
- Patients have the right to receive information regarding fees for services and payment policies.
Acute Pain Issues Addressed
- Patients have the right to assessment and management of pain as appropriate and consistent with clinical practice guidelines of the facility.
- Patients have the right to communicate with health care providers in confidence.
- Patients have the right to have their personally-identifying health care information protected.
- Patients have the right to review and copy their own medical records and request amendments to their records, as well as have the information in their records interpreted or explained to them, except as restricted by law.
- Patients have the right to review any disclosures of their health information, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Patients have the right to express concerns in writing to 10319 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge, LA 70809 or by phone (225) 214-9352 in regards to any differences with the facility policies, guidelines, treatment or health care provider.
- Patient have the right and to a fair and efficient process for resolving complaints or grievances.
- Patients are expected to provide complete and accurate information concerning demographics, present illness, medical history, hospitalizations, medications, perceived risk, and insurance coverage.
Show Respect and Consideration
- Patients should be considerate of the organization’s physicians, staff, and property, as well as other patients and their property; follow the rules, regulations and precautions of the facility.
- Patients are expected to ask questions if they do not understand the treatment plan, or services or what they are expected to do
- Patients are expected to follow the recommended treatment plan; take responsibility for actions if the treatment or services are refused; take responsibility for maintaining good health.
Meet Financial Obligations
- Patients are expected to meet all financial obligations for services rendered.
Written Specific Request to Exercise My Patient Rights